The Spitfire 2 Plus is a classy speed rider, based on the basic concept for the previous version. It has direct and uncompromising handling and feels completely at home on the powder slopes of our mountains. The new, very lightweight and robust 15dtex fabric reduces any canopy sluggishness, thus making control behavior more intuitive and precise. This allows pilots to focus entirely on their line even in difficult terrain.
We also optimized operation of the reworked riser with new trimmer design and improved feel. All in all, these changes result in simplified handling for pilots and allow safe and rapid adjustment to the glide angle even with thick winter gloves.
With its new fabric and optimised riser, the Spitfire 2 Plus is intended once again for all passionate speed riding pilots who don’t want to make any compromises on their big day.
- unmatched large range between glide and very steep dive
- very straightforward launch behaviour, even in deep powder snow
- direct and uncompromising handling through short lines for maximum canopy feedback and crisp barrel rolls
- reduced canopy inertia thanks to the new very lightweight 15dtex canopy fabric. The canopy remains stable above the pilot even in deep powder snow and follows without hesitation on tight turns
- extended control travel, thus making it optimised for speed riding, with exponential increase in pressure against stalls and simple control even in rugged terrain
- high canopy stability in steep dives and turbulence
- optimised design with 3 line levels for less line resistance and straightforward ground handling
- high energy conversion even at low speed
- 3D shaping for perfect profile accuracy and sail tension
- new optimised riser with better feel, safe and easy to use, even with thick gloves